Of course, we’re going to be credited as a team even though I did squat for the article. I think Vic told me to look over the articles in an e-mail he sent, and I think my responses were “yeah, fine, whatever”. But since we’re getting paid a good amount for it and because I responded to an e-mail, I think I should be compensated too. Vic is getting the triple digit check, which means I think I should at least get a pitcher of beer for my troubles.
We’re grateful to both the publisher and editor for the opportunity to contribute to the periodical among other luminaries like Jack Park, Bruce Hooley and Doug Lesmerises and can only hope that our contribution is up to par with their efforts. Of course, if it does, then the key here is “our efforts” and if it doesn’t, the key here is “Vico screwed up”.
The editor sent Vic the Table of Contents that he was hoping for, and apparently the editor said we can spread the news on what everyone is contributing.
- THE 2008 BUCKEYES by Jason, 11W
- MEET THE OPPONENTS by Matt Hinton, SundayMorningQB
- OVERCOMING BUCKEYE FATIGUE by Bruce Hooley, WBNS-1460 The Fan
- BORN TO BE A BUCKEYE: THE RISE OF BEANIE WELLS by Chris, 11W
- RE-BUILT FOR SUCCESS: BRIAN HARTLINE’S YEAR AWAY FROM FOOTBALL STOKED THE FIRE by Matt Markey, Toledo Blade
- FIVE PLAYERS WHO COULD MAKE OR BREAK THE SEASON by Tyler Chamblin
- BUCK-NAKED DECISION LEAVES OSU STARS IN COLUMBUS by John Porentas, The-Ozone
- FROM GOOD TO GREAT: A PREVIEW OF THE 2008 OFFENSE by Matthew Massey, BuckeyeCommentary
- HAS TRESSEL LOST THE BIG GAME MAGIC? by Corey, 11W
- MEGABUCKS: OSU FOOTBALL GENERATES BOTH WINS AND CASH by Doug Lesmerises, Cleveland Plain Dealer
- IN ROD THEY TRUST by Tony Gerdeman, The-Ozone
- ACTUALIZING BLOCK O: FORMATION OF THE 2008 OHIO STATE RECRUITING CLASS by the Staff at Our Honor Defend
- LOOKING AHEAD: PLAYERS TO WATCH IN THE CLASS OF 2009 by the Staff at Our Honor Defend
- THE ZOOK EFFECT by Alex Gleitman, Dotting the I
- FROM THREE STARS TO ALL-STARS: UNDER THE RADAR RECRUITS by Jason Lloyd, Lorain Morning Journal
- SIMPLY SUPER: 1968′S SOPHOMORES LED THE BUCKEYES’ FOOTBALL RESURGENCE by Jack Park
- ONE BAD HALF: THE 1998 TEAM WAS 30 MINUTES AWAY FROM GREATNESS by Todd Porter, Canton Repository
The magazine is set to be published in July, and we encourage you to check it out. If you live in Ohio, you should be able to find it in any magazine rack that you would find in either a bookstore or a grocery store. If you happen to live in, well… Alabama, you might want to order it online or, in our case, rely on the editor to send a few copies. Our parents need not worry, since we’ll make sure they get a copy.
Buy early and buy often. We get royalties for each copy sold. We actually don’t, but we like to tell ourselves that as we scrape together food for lunch.
- I went with the radio edit. I think I would get in trouble if I didn’t. [↩]